Friday, November 4, 2011

2011, Revisited

Dear 2011,

It's been quite the year so far, and as I begin to formulate next year's resolutions and goals, I thought I'd revisit your goals and see where I stand:


- Let people off the hook. Hmmm.  I can't really think of anyone that I've "left on the hook" (well maybe one or two - but I'd like to think that it wasn't really me that put them there, so much as it was they that crawled on themselves) ... so mostly a success?  I think I've done a better job of having grace for myself and quite frankly, letting other peoples' problems be their own problems and not my own.  Sound harsh?  Maybe a little, but let's be real: most of the time, I don't have any control over other people's choices and opinions of me anyway, so I might as well let them swim free (to continue this "hook" analogy).

- Don't buy clothes. Success.  It's been easier than I thought.  I haven't been cold (or naked).  Have purged my closet a couple of times, which proves to be a great stress-reliever, and have received some lovely clothes as gifts - how generous!  I will admit that I did purchase a couple of "necessities" with giftcards I had - but let's be honest, some things you just need to replace.

- Play piano. Fail.  Well, I have played a little, but certainly not to the extent that I had hoped.  I'm still stuck on the first few songs in my Beginner books.

- Run a half marathon or a 10 Mile. Success!!  Hurray for the TC 10 mile - probably my best road race so far.  It was a gorgeous day, and despite feeling like my training had been lacking, Kyle and I finished in just around 90 minutes - and I felt pretty good at the end.  I'm hoping to make this a tradition, but after spectating at the Monster Dash 1/2 Marathon, I thinking I might go for the extra 3.1 miles just so I can dress up whilst I run. Costumes suggestions accepted....

- Blog more. Success.  Sort of.  I would have liked to have blogged more.  There's still time.  But, compared to 2010 - this year has definitely seen an increase.

- Pray more. Success, I guess.  Again - kind of an intangible.  How does one really measure this? By minutes prayed?  Content covered?  Fervor? Quality of prayers? Number of people prayed for? Can you really every pray enough?  Well, whatever your criteria, I'm going to mark this one as "success" - in addition to some sweet liturgy from Phyllis Tickle, I've generally felt a lot of thankfulness for having moments with which to pray and sweet reminders to do so more often. He is faithful.

And as a sneakpeak to next year's goals:
"Yogi"  not to be confused with "Yoshi" from Mario Bros.


Cheers for 10 good months - and here's to 2 more!


-Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment