Sunday, October 30, 2011

Leaves

Dear Leaves,

It's no secret that I love fall, so by definition, you're included in that.  I've been meaning to take some pictures of the changing trees in our neighborhood or along the river, but didn't get around to it.

But, Kyle and I had a lovely evening last week raking (and piling and bagging and stuffing and raking and bagging).  Really, it was a gift to have an opportunity to be outside and smell your fall-ness smell and hear your crunchiness.


I suggested we leave  a big pile of you on the parkway for kids to jump into and play in, but Kyle said he had no desire to rake twice, so into the bag you all went, with almost the same efficiency as Jim Stoner demands.






<-------  So glad I married this one.





Here's to a few short weeks left to enjoy you until spring.  (Leaves that is, not the great outdoors - I have very strategic plans in place so as to maximize my outdoor enjoyment this winter).

Cheers,
Julie




-What do you call a hotdog on October 31st?


-A Halloweenie!

No comments:

Post a Comment