Wednesday, January 4, 2012
2011, Finally
Dear 2011,
Wow, you're over. Unlike many of my fellow bloggies, I will not be apologizing for sharing my list of resolutions and revisiting last year's. I love lists, remember? And I personally like the word "resolution."
And away we go:
- Let people off the hook. Ughh. I think I reported midway through this year that this was going well - I'm not so sure about this now. If you haven't figured out, this resolution is a coy way of saying "forgive people," and apparently I am not good at this. It often seems that just when I feel I may have reached that place of forgiveness, something happens that sparks my memory and all those painful emotions return - and with them the bitterness and unforgiving thoughts. But, in the spirit of this resolution, I'm going to try and let myself off the hook a little, because God does, every day.
- Don't buy clothes. Success. I'm debating whether to add this to my 2012 resolutions. It was easier and more liberating than I thought it would be.
- Play piano. Fail. It looks so beautiful, sitting there in all her glory, however I can't remember the last time I tickled the ivories.
- Run a half marathon or a 10 Mile. Success!! You already know about this. Looking forward to running season starting again - may run outside today: it is supposed to be 45 degrees!
- Blog more. Success. Ish. You wouldn't know this, but I have about as many unpublished blogs as I do posted ones - some half finished, some barely started, all amazing.
- Pray more. Success.* Like I mentioned before, this has been a year marked by constant conversation with God - I'm thrilled and amazed really at how He has consistently drawn my thoughts towards him. Also, I've found myself often starting prayers with "I realize this isn't a super big deal, but..." Because, while it may not be the world's most important thing if there's traffic on the way to the Y, I think that at the very least, God cares that I'm talking to him (whether or not he really cares if I make it to Yoga on time).
I'm excited to share my 2012 goals next time. They are going to be ep.ic!
Sayonara,
Julita
*As mentioned previously - how does one measure "success" in this category anyway?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment