Dear Poetry Month,
I'm not a poet really. But I'm an appreciator. That's what I say about music, usually. I wish I had singing abilities, but since I really don't - I'm an appreciator of music. The arts need people like me, thank you very much. Without appreciators, who would be in the audience?
Anyway, back to poetry.
Thanks to my friend Eva, who celebrates you like nobody else I know, I am reminded every year that April is dedicated to you; poetry. (and probably a number of other activites and people-groups and appropriately-colored ribbon causes).
So, I wrote a poem. I didn't mean to. I was merely journaling my thoughts this morning in attempt pray/release/organize them. Writing provides release for me. (That sounds like something a poet would say.)
So, I share my "poem" with you:
Worried. An I keep trying to look around and find ways to
"solve,"
"fix,"
"control."
When I really need to just be. still.
That's this week, right? To experience and remember again how illogical and miraculous God's plans are.
And full of love.
Love first, for sure.
So I'll pray to stop attempting to
crunch numbers,
or rewrite schedules,
or say yes to everyone.
And I'll sit back and look around,
and remember.
-J. Patricia McGillicuddy if I had a pen name, this would totally be it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I. Love. Your. Pen name.
ReplyDeleteAnd your poem.
And you.