Dear Friday,
5 Things I’m thankful for today:
1. It’s Friday. The week is over. My brain is fried. I need sleep.
2. The folks are coming this weekend. I’m thankful in advance for a fun weekend with them and friends and the Malbec or Cab we’ll share.
3. Spring. Spring rain. Spring flowers. Morning runs in the spring, smelling flowers, and smelling rain. (as an aside, will somebody please remind me how much I actually do like getting up early to work out. Why I seem to forget this when the alarm goes off is beyond me.)
4. Friends who call/email about job leads for me. (No, I’m not currently looking; I’m still trying to sort out what the next few months will look like for me, but) I’m uniquely grateful for people who take the time to do something concrete and tangible. I appreciate encouraging sentiments too, but there’s something HUGE when that sentiment is accompanied by helpful action. Is that a love language? “action steps” “tangible plan” “strategy consultation”…. something like that.
5. Seedling and seed pickup tomorrow. Time to start the garden is fast approaching!
A hip happy Friday to you!
Julie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment