Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Google Images

Dear Google Images,

You inspire me.  No, not on a deep, meaning-of-life level.  More of a "that's beautiful", "what a good idea", and "I'd like to look at that everyday" kind of a way.  I've found that this searching and collecting is also a good antidote for wanderlust, oddly enough.

And I experience A LOT of wanderlust.

Especially on days like today when the dark morning came too soon, my job seems filled with little purpose and lots of annoyances, I'm not feeling especially productive or attractive, and that familiar pang of melancholy hits me everytime I look at someone's facebook or blog photo of some amazing, breathtaking place they've visited or lived. 


I usually allow myself a few minutes of self-pity for my seemingly tiny existence.



And then, if I'm still dwelling on it and have the time, I go the world wide web.  Google, specifically.



And find me some beauty....


Since it's technically spring, I've obviously been thinking about gardening lately.  This seems beautiful, but I have a feeling my actual garen will look a little more like this:


And then I begin googling for my two favorite things of late:





Birds!  (Retro, caricatures, to be specific) And fabric (and any craft project involving fabric):


Isn't this amazing?!  I think I'm going to attempt something like it ... I have a paned window waiting to be beautified.

Well, I suppose that's enough surfing for me today: time to face reality.

Your Inspiree,
@Julie



1 comment:

  1. Dear Julie,

    I hope that your "pangs of melancholy" aren't too bad. I hope that when you're feeling down, you'll remember, not only to look at Google Images, but also at your life and realize how much you have that those of us living and visiting other places do not. Does that make sense?

    Also, if you ever need a more quenching satisfaction for wanderlust, you and Kyle are more than welcome to come stay with me (wherever I may be). :)

    Missing you both,

    Your Friend in 9ja.

    ReplyDelete